The Official Sacktastic™ Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacktastic:PttS - Caterpillar Climb

3 posters

Go down

Sacktastic:PttS - Caterpillar Climb Empty Sacktastic:PttS - Caterpillar Climb

Post by Lady_Wulf Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:28 am

Alrighty, here's my entry for the competition. It has bugs and glitches everywhere, and I'm aware of a few and will be trying to iron them out when I have time, but please let me know of any you come across.

This level is based off of one of the videos that demonstrated the sequencer, called Caterpillar Climb.

Pictures!

Sacktastic:PttS - Caterpillar Climb APhoto-1

Sacktastic:PttS - Caterpillar Climb APhoto_1-2

Sacktastic:PttS - Caterpillar Climb APhoto_2-2

Sacktastic:PttS - Caterpillar Climb APhoto_3-2
Lady_Wulf
Lady_Wulf

SackPoints™ : 5028

Back to top Go down

Sacktastic:PttS - Caterpillar Climb Empty Re: Sacktastic:PttS - Caterpillar Climb

Post by Strangepom Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:10 pm

That is really amazing!

I was a bit put off by the slowdown by the waterfall, other than that I was truly impressed.

I do have a question for you, How did you make a bounce pad with no obvious moving parts and a consistent jump hight??
Strangepom

SackPoints™ : 5221

Back to top Go down

Sacktastic:PttS - Caterpillar Climb Empty Re: Sacktastic:PttS - Caterpillar Climb

Post by Lady_Wulf Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:34 am

Sorry it took so long to reply. My computer died in a rather spectacular fashion and has just now been fixed.

The bounce pads are easy, they're just a really thin strip of invisible rubber attached to a stiff piston set to direction. It's activated by a proximity switch set to 180 degrees and flipped upside down.

Sadly, I couldn't think of any other way to make a half decent waterfall and, since that wasn't the focus of the gameplay, I didn't want to sink too much time into it. Since the deadline has been extended, I'd be happy to hear suggestions for how to change that section. And, well, any of it really.
I built it as I went, rather than planning it out, so it was only half way through making the logic that I realized that you'd be gaining points everytime you die, which is amusing but not very practical. Razz
Lady_Wulf
Lady_Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post by JaxtheKitsune Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:32 pm

Wow, that was a good level, but I have a question, ;how do you get that leaf pattern on the ground?
JaxtheKitsune
JaxtheKitsune

SackPoints™ : 4918

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Wulf Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks. =)
It's just a viney leaf sticker. Not sure what it's actually called. I just placed it multiple times along the ground, and a further layer of them over that. I couldn't find anything that closely resembled the material shown in the video, sadly. =/
Lady_Wulf
Lady_Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post by JaxtheKitsune Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Yeah, I thought I had a good chance at winning, in til I saw you'rs
Sad
(Ah well, maybe they will release another crown contest soon Razz)
but that's not what I meant, I'm the one that made the Grappling hook short, and The Sticker in your level is the one I need for my level, do you buy it on the Little Big Store, or is it one of the story levels?
JaxtheKitsune
JaxtheKitsune

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Wulf Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:22 am

I really don't remember, sorry. I'm pretty sure it's a story level one, but I can't confirm this.
Lady_Wulf
Lady_Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post by JaxtheKitsune Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Ok, Thank you, I only got 1 level until I got all the goodies Very Happy
JaxtheKitsune
JaxtheKitsune

Back to top Go down

Post by JaxtheKitsune Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:18 am

Congrats Winning.............
JaxtheKitsune
JaxtheKitsune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down