The Official Sacktastic™ Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demon's Souls

3 posters

Go down

Demon's Souls Empty Demon's Souls

Post by Lady_Wulf Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:45 am

I was just wondering if anyone else had played (or owns) Demon's Souls.
It's been accused of being a very difficult game, clearly too difficult for a lot of people. I think the whole dying on a regular basis thing is what does it, but the game is unique in that this isn't really a bad thing a lot of the time, but something important built into how the game works.
After playing for a while, I almolst never die except by choice, but I'm one of those people who've been bemoaning the lack of a challenging game for some time.
Personally, this is probably one of favorite games.
Lady_Wulf
Lady_Wulf

SackPoints™ : 5050

Back to top Go down

Demon's Souls Empty Re: Demon's Souls

Post by AJTHEGREAT5 Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:52 pm

i absolutely hated that game played it t my friends house never wanted to see it again 5 minuets into it
AJTHEGREAT5
AJTHEGREAT5

SackPoints™ : 5005

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Wulf Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:46 am

Heh, each to their own. ^^
Was there anything specific you didn't like, or just the general feel and/or look of the game?
Lady_Wulf
Lady_Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikuden Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Demon's Souls is actually on my list of favorite games I currently own on a next-gen.
I can't recall how many hours I've spent recreating characters just to try out different builds.

All in all, it was a great experience.
I still remember the speculation of there being DLC which would restore the broken stone warp.
Hah, but at this point, it's probably a no-go, >_>

Quite a great game :]
Raikuden
Raikuden

SackPoints™ : 5006

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Wulf Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:44 pm

I think I've made about 7 different characters so far, though a few are deleted, of course. I could probably beat area 4-1 with my eyes closed at this point. =P
Also, with Atlus being dissolved and absorbed by it's parent company, it's looking pretty definate that we won't be seeing DLC. Sad
Lady_Wulf
Lady_Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikuden Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:26 pm

The only gripe I have with the game has nothing to do with the game-play itself.
If you are a trophy hunter, or are looking to collect all the trophies for Demon's Souls,
that Pure Bladestone will drive you mad! It's insane what the odds are for one of those drops, :[

Of course, the PvP is not so bad either. Lots of fun can be found if you're prepared for it.
Raikuden
Raikuden

SackPoints™ : 5006

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Wulf Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:32 am

Pure Bladestone isn't so hard to get if you're willing to go to the wiki boards and head to the trading section. ^^
As for the PvP, I think it's great. I love both the co-op and the PvP in this game. Almost everyone yanks the plug when they lose, though, but it saves me from having to die to get back to soul form so I can invade again. =P
Lady_Wulf
Lady_Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum