The Official Sacktastic™ Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacktastic:PttS - LBP2 Gravity Arena

4 posters

Go down

Sacktastic:PttS - LBP2 Gravity Arena Empty Sacktastic:PttS - LBP2 Gravity Arena

Post by Jedi_1993 Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Finished my entry!
It is rather laggy due to the background (you'll see) but I think it helps with the zero gravity feel.
You will start with several thousand points each (aren't I generous!) and the objective is to lower your opponent's score by killing them.
To do this you shoot the floor they are standing on and it emits gas.
Published under my PSN: Jedi_1993
Hopefully people will enjoy playing it!
It is based off of this level:

Question: Should I make the walls darker?

Last edited by Jedi_1993 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jedi_1993
Jedi_1993

SackPoints™ : 5128

Back to top Go down

Sacktastic:PttS - LBP2 Gravity Arena Empty Re: Sacktastic:PttS - LBP2 Gravity Arena

Post by Jedi_1993 Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:03 pm

Sorry to bump, but I have finished and have pictures:

Level Start
Sacktastic:PttS - LBP2 Gravity Arena Attachment

Level finish (It says Sacktastic.com & is easier to read in-game)

The arena (with timer)

The arena (other side)

Sacktracking Background!

Here are things I couldn't picture in play mode:

Cutscene

Logic
Jedi_1993
Jedi_1993

Back to top Go down

Sacktastic:PttS - LBP2 Gravity Arena Empty Re: Sacktastic:PttS - LBP2 Gravity Arena

Post by Strangepom Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Good level.

I agree the slowdown is annoying. I like that you can see the textures, if you want to darken it I'd use the gradient.

Also note the distance above your head on the bottom layer. yours seems a little close.

Good luck dude Smile
Strangepom

SackPoints™ : 5250

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_1993 Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:22 am

Yea, I'm going to work on the lag later today.
Also, I have darkened the walls but they could be darker I suppose.
And I'll move the pink platform up a bit too.

Thanks for the feedback & good luck to you too!
Jedi_1993
Jedi_1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_1993 Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Update!
I have removed about 3/4 of the background lights and the lag issue is much much better. I have also altered the waiting room a little, added an additional light I can see in the video and made the dice thack so they can pass the checkpoints.
Jedi_1993
Jedi_1993

Back to top Go down

Post by emopie15 Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:53 am

wow thats one awesome level, btw I gave it a heart
emopie15

SackPoints™ : 5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_1993 Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:11 pm

Just wondering, the crown isn't region locked is it?
Also, glad to see some more competitors.
Jedi_1993
Jedi_1993

Back to top Go down

Post by TapDatApp Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:14 am

Jedi_1993 wrote:Just wondering, the crown isn't region locked is it?
Also, glad to see some more competitors.

We have not requested the crown code yet as we thought of this ahead of time. Once we announce the winner & find out what region they live in, we will request that specific region's crown code from Media Molecule. We have already contacted Media Molecule before the contest started though, and they said that they would love to donate a crown for it, so the prize is definitely officially confirmed.
TapDatApp
TapDatApp
Admin

SackPoints™ : 5172

http://www.Sacktastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_1993 Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:43 pm

My LBP won't let me cycle to other pages of entries so I can only see the first one.
Just saying that my entry is still published, you'd just have to find it via my profile if you have the same issue!
Though it seems that Strangepom's gonna win. He's got the best entry with a thread on this site (Which a lot of people forgot to do Sad ).
Jedi_1993
Jedi_1993

Back to top Go down

Sacktastic:PttS - LBP2 Gravity Arena Empty Don't count your chickens

Post by Strangepom Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:46 pm

As much as I would like to win, I'm very VERY nervous. There are a lot of really amazing entries that are just as worthy, and I think Alex has got a hard time judging them.

I have been sat on the edge of my seat for the past week checking this site 3-4 times every day, also cautious not to spoil my chances by posting any stupid comments.

I never thought I would even be a contender after the NDA was lifted or when my PS3 died. Many people have put in a LOT of effort, I still like your gravity arena, as well as 1/2 a doz other entries.
Strangepom

SackPoints™ : 5250

Back to top Go down

Post by TapDatApp Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Strangepom wrote:As much as I would like to win, I'm very VERY nervous. There are a lot of really amazing entries that are just as worthy, and I think Alex has got a hard time judging them.

I have been sat on the edge of my seat for the past week checking this site 3-4 times every day, also cautious not to spoil my chances by posting any stupid comments.

I never thought I would even be a contender after the NDA was lifted or when my PS3 died. Many people have put in a LOT of effort, I still like your gravity arena, as well as 1/2 a doz other entries.

We'd like to have the results out by Friday but we are not sure if that'll be possible. Unless something goes wrong or takes more time than expected, we should have them out sometime this weekend for sure. Stay Tuned!
TapDatApp
TapDatApp
Admin

SackPoints™ : 5172

http://www.Sacktastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down