The Official Sacktastic™ Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missed oppertunity

3 posters

Go down

Missed oppertunity Empty Missed oppertunity

Post by Strangepom Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:35 pm

What could have been an awesome Ptts entry (if they had known of the comp), sadly has been published without forethought of the consequences.

I am of course talking about "Retro shooter".

An amazingly well done recreation of a 3d flying game. The only major mistake this creator made, was to publish the level as copyable. Now there are a doz versions of the exact same level but with Heart me PLZ attached. And the original creator has been lost in the mists of obscurity. It's Stephanie Ravens syndrome all over again.

What we need is a big label that pops up on copied levels with a link to the original.
Strangepom

SackPoints™ : 5250

Back to top Go down

Missed oppertunity Empty Re: Missed oppertunity

Post by TapDatApp Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:10 pm

I was not aware that this level was copyable. I have only played the original and only the original creator will receive credit in regards to the contest.
TapDatApp
TapDatApp
Admin

SackPoints™ : 5172

http://www.Sacktastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangepom Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Are you telling me that it is in the ptts? As I did not see a Ptts tag on the levels I played. The ones I saw were on the front page of community levels. They were published 2 days ago-ish?

Please note I was NOT referring to the level "Sacktastic: Ptts - Retro Space Shooter", but to a 3d flight game on the front page of community levels. Steakmo I love your level!

I think the level is brilliant, I just hate to see other people getting credit for someone else's hard work, just by copy/pasting.

The level I refer to is the one that looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywUsBz_XcWM

BUT it has a city skyline not mountains. We may not be talking about the same level.

It seems as if there are a couple of different versions.
Strangepom

Back to top Go down

Post by steakmo Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 pm

I saw there was a youtube tutorial on how to make the 3D shooter in LBP1 that was pretty good. But yeah that's not my level and mine is not copiable. Is there a level like this in LBP2? or just a user created level? adTHANKSvance
steakmo
steakmo

SackPoints™ : 5009

Back to top Go down

Post by TapDatApp Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Oh ok. I was referring to Steakmo's level. My apologies.
TapDatApp
TapDatApp
Admin

SackPoints™ : 5172

http://www.Sacktastic.com

Back to top Go down

Missed oppertunity Empty user created level

Post by Strangepom Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:34 pm

search "lbp retro shooter" in youtube and you will see the tutorial/lbp1 level & lbp2 level. No it's not in lbp story mode (as far as I know)

I'm glad we got that sorted out! I didn't want to be disqualified for seemingly 'slagging off' another competitor's levels. ESPECIALLY since I have been working my butt off for the best part of 3 months for this competition. Created 2 full levels and have nearly finished my re-worked version of the 1st.

I think both are steakmo's and the 3d flight ones are brilliant levels. What I can't stand is ppl that copy levels and post them as their own to get recognition. And the sad thing is it works! People blindly give complements and credit to someone that didn't do a damn thing to earn it. You only have to read the comments page.

Stephanie Ravens is someone I used as an example, because although she has now changed her ways and does not do that anymore. She still has problems on forum and fan sites by being 'flamed' by haters.
Strangepom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum