The Official Sacktastic™ Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Level design

3 posters

Go down

Level design Empty Level design

Post by Strangepom Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:20 pm

I must say this is quite a challenge, as most clips only show 2.5s (or less) of any particular scene.

Ummm just want to know, are we allowed to use a bit of creativity and mash sections we have seen into a playable level, even though it may not be 100% what is in the game? Unless of course there is a video of an entire level played start to finish. I haven't found one yet.

And how much of a level does it have to be? as my thermo is filling up REALLY fast.

For my entry I'm recreating mesh objects (not easy), and accurate stickers. Also I didn't take note of the closing date for this comp, I may still be a couple of weeks off yet.

Level design Pipe
Strangepom

SackPoints™ : 5250

Back to top Go down

Level design Empty Re: Level design

Post by TapDatApp Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:08 pm

You are allowed to create some original parts to patch up the holes in-between clips and you can add some personal flair to it, but there are now several long demos (even some to the 30 minute extent) thanks to Gamescom for you to check out.
TapDatApp
TapDatApp
Admin

SackPoints™ : 5172

http://www.Sacktastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangepom Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:38 pm

yeah.... searching youtube I can find 100's of videos all are basicaly the same 3 or 4 videos over and over. Actual gameplay is hard to find.

I did find one french vid that showed the gravity level from start to finish. But that is gonna be a bit tricky to re-create.

The best ones I have found so far for my project are badly done camcorder snippits held by a cameraman with parkinsons, filming a tv screen.
Strangepom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Wulf Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:38 am

I intend on replicating the Caterpiller Climb level, since you're clearly shown how the gameplay works, then shown every piece that makes up the level, and given a rough idea of what order they'll appear in. If you can only find 2.5s or less, you're looking at the wrong videos. o_O
Lady_Wulf
Lady_Wulf

SackPoints™ : 5057

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangepom Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm attempting 'Pipe Dream' eep! bit of a silly choice but never mind. I have done too much to go back now.

I did notice that the early video's show the same sections that are in the camescon videos but there have been obvious and dramatic changes (Definitely same bits).

I hope I won't be marked down if I stick to what I saw in the early vids.
Strangepom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down