The Official Sacktastic™ Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacktastick: Ptts - Lift Off

3 posters

Go down

Sacktastick: Ptts - Lift Off Empty Sacktastick: Ptts - Lift Off

Post by Gamerboy0330 Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:21 am

Username: Gamerboy385

I do believe i have this contest "in the sack" so to speak ^_~
i worked VERY hard on every detail of this, it is my greatest creation in LBP1, even if its just a replica of a level.
It even has a working crane with some prizes i made myself Very Happy

Hope you guys like it n_n

edit: pictures! Very Happy

https://i.servimg.com/u/166/15/86/56/36/a_phot13.jpg
Sacktastick: Ptts - Lift Off A_phot13

https://i.servimg.com/u/166/15/86/56/36/a_phot14.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/166/15/86/56/36/a_phot15.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/166/15/86/56/36/a_phot16.jpg

my crane game Very Happy https://i.servimg.com/u/166/15/86/56/36/a_phot17.jpg

its fully functional too ^_^ https://i.servimg.com/u/166/15/86/56/36/a_phot18.jpg

x2 player puzzle to encourage teamwork :3 https://i.servimg.com/u/166/15/86/56/36/a_phot19.jpg

Last edited by Gamerboy0330 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Wasnt sure if not having "sacktastick" in my level name was bad)
Gamerboy0330

SackPoints™ : 4920

Back to top Go down

Sacktastick: Ptts - Lift Off Empty Working crane

Post by Strangepom Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:04 am

I'll take your word for it that it is working, the one in the beta is hard but I've managed it. I still can't pick up the bubbles in yours Sad the movement however is spot on Smile.
Strangepom

SackPoints™ : 5222

Back to top Go down

Sacktastick: Ptts - Lift Off Empty Re: Sacktastick: Ptts - Lift Off

Post by Gamerboy0330 Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:09 am

Strangepom wrote:I'll take your word for it that it is working, the one in the beta is hard but I've managed it. I still can't pick up the bubbles in yours Sad the movement however is spot on Smile.

Thanks for the feedback! i fixed the crane, its a lot easier to pick the bubbles up now(i just needed to turn up the tightness of the pistons that control the claws) and it now drops the bubble as soon as the crane returns to its original position and plays a noise when the button can be pressed again.
I also added a little bit of a story, though it's not very good to be honest. I'll likely be revising it to make it fit the slightly mysterious atmosphere and music of the level. Though i honestly think its a bit better without any story at all, that's just my own opinion. >_<;
Gamerboy0330

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangepom Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Good, glad I could help.

Did you do anything regarding the spinning star field disc I mentioned at the start of the level?

I would do a Navy blue sticker for the base. Apply a circle gradient (in realistic I think), then add small white/pale yellow & blue spots for stars, and finish with the sticker that you get after exploding a bomb*. Nice mottled effect. Make it massive go to front view and take a pic.

Apply that new sticker to a disk and spin it behind the cockpit windows.

Just a suggestion.

*drop a impact explosive on a block of card/dissolve/polystyrene etc then use sticker switcher to grab the smudges.
Strangepom

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamerboy0330 Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:06 am

i did make a little star field behind the cockpit. but it doesnt look quite right. i like your idea too, i think ill try making that later today after school :3 (in programming right now x3 )
Gamerboy0330

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamerboy0330 Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:01 am

gawd i wish i could replicate the rest of this level, but it all uses low gravity, the controllinator, gyroscopes and alot of other stuff that i cant even begin to think of solutions for. Then there's that door that opens in the spot after my level ends... it breaks every time i try to recreate it D:
Gamerboy0330

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangepom Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:51 pm

You can't have much thermo left do you?

The door looks quite complex.

I would use a one shot player detect to spawn a mag key (infinite life) to a set a slow moving piston going with Direction. On the end of the piston is another mag key that will slowly pass Mag switches set to 180* facing the same way as the piston's movement. Each of these mag switches controls a piston (STIFF) or a wobble bolt set to Direction.

tweaking the wobble bolts would be hardest so I would do that 1st in a different layer to the rest of the door before sliding it into the correct layer and setting the pistons.

As for the low grav. I can't think of a way other than a glass rail out of site with some invisible sponge attached by a spring, but every time I've tried it the spring explodes.

There is the water environment pulse thing, but personally that gives me a headache just watching it.
Strangepom

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_1993 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:07 pm

It is possible to make anti-gravity platforms, I used them in my entry.
They were given away in a gravity level. I looked at the low gravity one, and made my own.

So with those (and hopefully enough thermo) you should be able to get up to the vehicle section. I haven't got a clue how you'd do that.
Jedi_1993
Jedi_1993

SackPoints™ : 5100

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangepom Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:23 pm

I know about the DM/piston low grav platforms, but my issue with them is that the falling speed is not reduced. You can jump higher is all. I suppose better that than having to hold R1 the whole way, and it wouls also make it 2,3,4X friendly.
Strangepom

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamerboy0330 Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:17 pm

Thanks for the suggestions you guys! I've already got the door working properly and only need to tweak the timing. @strangepom: i have no idea what you meant about using wobble bolts, but the rest was great. ^_^ tbh i think i just got lazy last time i tried to make the door because i already had a sequencer partially set up for it x.x

As for my thermometer, i have half of it to play around with still XD
Gamerboy0330

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamerboy0330 Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:12 pm

Scratch that! D: the door doesnt work ;_;
the sequence is perfectly fine up to the point where the door has to open and it tears itself apart in a violent fit T_T
I try to get it to open by connecting a piston to the main object ( the piece of the door that everything is attached to by more pistons) and having that triggered by a directional switch at the end of my door-openning sequence.
This same glitch happens every time i try to move several objects that are attached by rigid connectors by using a single connector thats attached to one of them.

I need halp, i dont know how to fix this! D:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f66/15/86/56/36/a_phot12.jpg

Sacktastick: Ptts - Lift Off A_phot12

Last edited by Gamerboy0330 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add an image from my PS3)
Gamerboy0330

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangepom Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:59 am

I thought I remembered rotating sections is what the wobble bolt is about, I could be wrong. I've been busy playing pipe dream. I'll check it out and see if I can make something.

Q: Have you tried changing the materials? The rigidity of a piston (how much it shears under stress) is determined by the materials it is attached to.

An example
[C]
|
|
[B]-------------------[A]

A=DM B/C= Cardboard [C] will go out of alignment as the connection between [A][B] droops
if B/C= metal they are less likely to be dragged out of alignment
Strangepom

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamerboy0330 Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Im afraid i wont be able to do the things i want with the rest of this level. The door still has a few very annoying glitches (which strangepom helped me minimize) and i know there are several things that i just cant finish in two days with a school project on my back... Stupid brit lit...
Im sorry, but for now, this is probably the best ill be able to squeeze out
Gamerboy0330

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down